Text size: S M L

Public Health Services


This program provides assessment and treatment of children with speech and language delays before their entry into the school system.

The program also provides for adults with speech problems. 

• Public Health
• Baby, Child, Parent
• Immunizations

• Public Health Inspections
• Nutrition
• Speech Language Pathology
107-110 Ominica St W
Moose Jaw SK  S6H 6V2
Phone: 306-691-1500, Option #1
Fax: 306-691-1523

200-2nd Ave NE
Moose Jaw SK  S6H 1B8
Phone: 306-691-1630
Fax: 306-694-8818


Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) may work alone or as part of a team to help individuals communicate effectively and to eat and swallow safely.  The role of the SLP is to identify, assess, evaluate, treat, manage, educate and help to present language, speech, voice fluency, cognitive and other related communication disorders as well as swallowing problems.  Intervention and therapeutic services may be offered on an individual or group basis; consultative services and caregiver training programs may also be provided


The preschool program accepts referrals for children 0 to 5 years of age who are not currently enrolled in school.  Toddlers who are slow to start using words easily and clearly or older preschool children who have a difficult time producing and using clear speech may be referred.  Children with delayed language development, genetic disorders such as Down’s Syndrome or cleft palate, pervasive development disorders such as autism, medical conditions such as cerebral palsy, hearing impairments may also be involved in this program.  Children who may be at risk for delays in their development of effective communication skills would also find benefit from being enrolled in the Speech Language Therapy Program


The adult population may include individuals who have suffered a stroke, head injury or who have progressive degenerative diseases such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or Parkinson’s Disease, who have had head and neck surgery, or those with other medical conditions resulting in a cognitive, language, voice or swallowing disorder. 


Services can be accessed by anyone in the region.   Referrals are accepted from individuals, parents/guardians, family members or any health care worker.  Referrals can be made directly to the Speech-Language Pathologist providing appropriate consent has been obtained. 

Please visit Government of Saskatchewan Speech Services.